College Central Library
The College Central Library is knowledge hub of Lord Mahavira Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana. It provides comprehensive access to medical books, journals, theses and dissertations, reports, case histories, homoeopathic encyclopedias, and other professional literature on medical science.
- Library will be open from 10:00 AM to 4 PM
- The right to use the Central Library and/or Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for the bona-fide students of the college. Outsiders are not allowed in the library without the permission of the authority concerned.
- Visitors should produce their Library Identity card at the entrance or when demanded.
- Library identity/membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library. Readers should not talk or discuss loudly or disturb the other readers. Reading space is meant for individual study only.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Books are issued for a fortnight except textbooks which are issued for reading purpose only in the library. Books must be return on or before the due date otherwise the fine of Rs. 10/- will be charged per day/book. If the Due Date falls on holiday(s) declared by collage, then students may return their books on the next working day.
- Each student can borrow two books at one time. Students can reserve books at the Library Counter in case those are already issued and not available at the moment.
- Readers are responsible for books issued against their names. The double cost of the book will have to pay if the issued book has lost.
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- The material such as rare books, theses, dissertations, loose issues of periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
- Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the time of return.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used/occupied on the first come first served basis.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them. Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
- Library staff reserves the right to inspect bags or other personal property when visitors enter or leave the Library.
- Students must wear decent clothing and keep them in order in the Library.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. in the Library.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the Counter against a ‘property token’ from the Librarian. These are not allowed inside the Library. In case the ‘property token’ is lost, the deposited article may be claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages to the readers.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
These rules are subject to revision / amendment from time to time without assigning any reason. Library will welcome any suggestion for better use of library facilities.